Senior Architectural Technician
HLN’s award winning Cardiff office is searching for a Senior Architectural Technician / technologist to join our team.
HLN is an award winning multi-disciplinary practice incorporating an innovative and experienced team of chartered Architects and Engineers with blue-chip clients in the commercial, custodial, residential, retail and financial sectors, manufacturing, education, healthcare, hotel & leisure, delivering high quality designs on project values from £50k to £50m.
We employ c40 specialists across 3 offices in the UK and due to an increase project workload our Cardiff studio is expanding, and we are keen to engage with a high calibre candidate.
We are looking for an experienced job running Senior Technician / Technologist with a proven track record of designing and delivering projects to join our Cardiff office.
You will join our established technical team, producing design and technical information using Revit and AutoCad, with the ability to deliver projects to BIM Level 2 across a wide range of projects. You will be able to lead projects including client and contractor engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the post is to provide architectural support to the practice for a variety of architectural projects at different work stages. The post is designated as a Senior Architectural Technician.
Opportunities for professional development and CPD which have the educational objectives of broadening the post holder’s professional experience will be permitted in accordance with the companies Development Scheme.
Duties And Responsibilities
· Lead projects on behalf of HLN including liaising with clients, consultants and contractors.
- You should be able to manage a small team as well as being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Manage and coordinate the design team / other design consultants
- Produce drawings and documentation as required using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, individually and in collaboration with technical team.
- Be responsible for the preparation and coordination of detailed design and production information including drawings and documents for tender packages and construction drawings
- Produce specifications using NBS software and advise on use of materials and construction detailing.
- Monitor quality and coordination of drawing information ensuring project delivery in line with programme. Ensure compliance with office quality standards.
- Be responsible for the management of the project including health & safety and building legislation requirements along with day to day administration of the projects.
- Provide leadership to Technicians that form part of the delivery team including setting clear deadlines, identifying and managing risks, best use of ‘Knowledge Management’, cost control and communication.
- Contribute to the design and construction process.
- Assist with site surveys when required.
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Attend design team meetings as required
- Follow company procedures including quality management, environmental management systems and health & safety
- Manage time effectively and identify any resource requirements
- Input to bid submissions where required.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
To apply for this position, please send your contact information and CV to email@example.com